Appendix B - Where we store your data
Where do we store your data?
All our data is either hosted on premises (on site in school) or within the EEA – European Economic Area. We will not transfer your data outside the EEA unless you either request us to do so and give consent or we have to enable your child’s transfer to another educational establishment.
Currently the following data is held offsite but within the EEA:
- Wise Pay – Online
payment system for the school coffee shop.
Name, address contact details and transaction history is held on their
- World pay – name, address and card details temporary to process the card payment, no data is stored on their server after the transaction is completed.
- Evolve Trips, visits and accidents. – Online management system to ensure safe trip and visits are run. The system also maintains the school accident book to ensure we have a quick and robust reporting method. Name, Address, contact information educational information e.g. SEN, details about an accident are held on their servers more information is available here. http://edufocus.co.uk/pages/privacy.asp
- Mail Chimp – this is to allow us to send out important school information and general news - name and email address is stored on their servers
- DoodleMaths - this is to allow students to learn about maths. Name and class.
- TTRockStars - to help with learning times tables, Name and class. https://ttrockstars.com/page/gdpr
- MyMaths - maths website to support students learning. Name and Class
- Integral Maths - maths website to support students learning. Name and Class
- Dynamic Learning Site - Food Technology site used to support learning, Name and Class
- Toucan Tec – Alumni data base, name, address, contact details
- Parent Evening System - Name, email, telephone number and class details
- Eclipse - Library system for issuing books. Name, DoB, year and tutor
- Project Q - used by sixth form students for their EPQ coursework. Name and candidate number.
- Navigate - used by the careers department to help with work experience. Names and DoB
- Microsoft (Office 365) – to allow us to offer collaborative learning – name, school details, class details
- CPD Genie – to allow us to effectively carry out appraisal of staff and monitor staff training – name, Date of birth, teaching information e.g. specialism, line management responsibility, appraisals targets and related information, school details, training details.
- SISRA Analytics – to allow the school to process student tracking data, to inform teaching and learning and to monitor teacher performance. More information is available here https://www.sisra.com/privacy-policy
- Capita SIMS Mobile app - School Information Management System. Capita cannot see our data. SIMS is our main database and as such holds nearly all data associated with Staff, Students, Parents and emergency contacts, if you wish to have a full detailed list of all fields in SIMS please contact the Data Protection Lead
- SAGE: This is our database for processing financial transactions. We store your name, address, child(rens) name, associated costs and fees
- Pay Roll – name, address, pay, benefits and contributions, Tax code.
- ALIS – used for base line A-Level or equivalent testing – name, predicted grade, test scores
- GL Assessment (CATS)– used for baseline testing of students for the purpose of ensuring academic progress – name, predicted grades and test scores
- SOCS – sports fixtures program – name, team, timetable
- Swimsoft – swimming lessons – name, basic medical details, address
- Bookinglive - Data is collected for: After School Care, Breakfast Club, Holiday Club, Sports Clubs, Horse Riding lessons, and Alumni events. name, medical details, address, contact numbers, emergency contacts.
- South West Placements – Careers – work experience – Name, address and relevant details to make the placement safe
- Exam Boards (including, but not limited to AQA, WJEC, OCR, Edexcel and Cambridge International, Cambridge Assessment and Admissions testing and Cambridge Assessment English) - for the purpose of taking exams. Name, candidate number, details for special requirments e.g. extra time. This can include medical data and SEN data.
The following data is held on site
- Capita SIMS – School Information Management System. Capita cannot see our data. SIMS is our main database and as such holds nearly all data associated with Staff, Students, Parents and emergency contacts, if you wish to have a full detailed list of all fields in SIMS please contact the Data Protection Lead
- Patient Tracker – this stores all medical details about students e.g. consultation in the health centre or medication taken
- Firefly – is our online learning environment, this stores name, address, parent/student association, school reports, attendance and tracking data
- Planet E Stream – school internal media services. This stores username and password. The videos main contain images of students or alumni and will be retained in accordance with our image and retention policies.
- Exgarde - the school security system for e.g. accessing doors. Name and joining year
- Paper Cut - the school printing system. Name, year group, record of all prints and copies
The school has agreements with all the above providers to ensure your data is kept safe and not passed to any third party.